In 2017 CanSupport was awarded the coveted “Public Health Champion” by World Health Organisation (WHO) for outstanding contribution in the field of Public Health
CanSupport’s achievements have been recognized both at home and abroad, and many individuals of the organisation have received awards in their field of work.
A few of them are listed below:
- In 2015, CanSupport was awarded the Rashtriya Swayamsiddha Samman in the Inspirational Model Category in the field of healthcare. This National Award has been instituted by the JSPL Foundation, a non-profit CSR wing of Jindal Steel and Power Limited, to recognize exemplary grassroots NGOs in India.
- In 2014, CanSupport was invited to become one of the first five End of Life Nurses Education Consortium (ELNEC) Specialty Training Centers in the country to promote palliative care nursing education and to develop nurse training centers in India. The prestigious Consortium is administered globally by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing and Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses Association USA.
- In 2010, CanSupport was adjudged the best NGO in the Medium Budget category in North India by Resource Alliance and The Rockefeller Foundation. The award acknowledges excellence in service and best practices in transparency and accountability.
CanSupport teams have also been selected for several national and international workshops and training programmes:
- In 2013, Dr. Reena Sharma and Dr. Mythili Shivkumar received Commonwealth scholarships to pursue their Diplomas in Palliative Medicine from Cardiff University, UK.
- In 2011, Dr. Ambika Rajvanshi received a bursary to participate in a two-week long Leadership Training Program at St Christopher’s Hospice in London, UK.
- In 2008, Dr. Ravinder Mohan received a bursary to attend the Multi-Professional Course in Palliative Care at St. Christopher’s Hospice, UK. In 2010, he received another scholarship to for a Diploma in Palliative Care instituted by the National Cancer Centre Singapore and Palliative and Supportive Services, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia, in association with the Lien Centre for Palliative Care and Asia Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Network.
- Since 2008, seven doctors at CanSupport have received full scholarships from Hospice, UK (formerly Help the Hospices) for the National Fellowships in Palliative Medicine.
- In 2007, Dr. D.P. Singh was awarded a scholarship by the Soros Foundation to attend a week long Open Society Institute Seminar on Paediatric Palliative Care held in Salzberg, Austria.
- In March 2005, Sr. Leonarda Lakra, was ‘highly commended’ by Macmillan Cancer Relief and the International Journal of Palliative Nursing as Palliative Care Nurse of the Year.